Monday 24 March 2014

TEACHER INQUIRY 2014

It's that COOL time of the year when I get to plan a new teacher inquiry ALL OVER AGAIN. Lucky me, sorry for the sarcasm. But if you're teacher, you'll know what it's like in Week 8 of Term 1, nothing but time on my hand, money on my mind and my mind on my money...


If I'm to frame this inquiry based on base line data, should I be using formative or summative assessment data, particularly standardised data; in fact would it be best to Use Ikan, or Running records, or do I choose PAT's or star or gloss? 
NOPE, I've decided to base it on WRITING. 
I've taught for 11 years, and in that time I've framed my teacher inquiry in all of the above areas, and as a result of my experience I know that I can progress students through scaffolding, effective teacher evaluation and planning of 'pertinent' learning experiences which will culminate in improved student achievement.

REFER TO THIS GOOGLE DOC FOR DETAILS:
GOOGLE DOC- TEACHER INQUIRY



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.